My oldest son starts Kindergarten in a little over 3 weeks… ugh scary thought. First, it makes me feel old. Secondly, I always tried to keep the thought of him going to school at the back of my mind because I know how I’ll be on his first day. I’m gonna be a wreck!
Yesterday we ended up going to Wal-Mart to get all of his supplies for the new school year. I ended up having to order his backpack online because guess what character he needed to have? Pokémon! Of course! He is a big time Pokémon GO fan. PLUS, we had to get his uniforms and let me tell ya, he looked adorable!
I’m sure all you Mama’s are used to those lovely (ya right) lists. I for sure am not. This is the list..
- 4 plastic pocket folders (no center fasteners)(1 each of red, blue, yellow and green)
- 1 watercolor paint set (8 colors)
- 2 blue or black dry erase markers (low odor)
- 1 box Crayola brand crayons (16 basic colors)
- 1 pkg of Crayola Twistable colored pencils (18 colors)
- 2 Pentel or Sanford white Magic Rub erasers(Not the cleaning sponge)
- 4 solid glue sticks
- 1 pair Fiskars blunt point scissors
- 1 Empty plastic pencil box (8″ x 4 1/2″)
- 1 box of wet wipes (large size)
- 1 large container Lysol or Clorox disinfectant wipes
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (12 oz size)
- 1 box facial tissue (large)
Now I understand that the parents need to help out the classrooms. I have NO problem with that. I am just speaking my mind and saying I do not remember having to ever bring Lysol, hand sanitizer, dry erase markers or Magic Rub erasers (which I didn’t end up getting because I have NO IDEA what those are!) 🙂 It kind of felt like I was shopping for the teachers rather than for my son. Please don’t get the wrong idea about any of this. I am just not used to having to buy all this crazy stuff! I am very truly excited for him to go to school. We had chosen a Charter school for him instead of public, for our own reasons. I am a big fan of uniforms and have my opinions on why I feel those are so much better.
I am a full-time student myself and start classes at my community college at the end of August. So now guess what?? I need to buy more supplies!! Don’t even get me started with that. I am truly a geek at heart and LOVE purchasing supplies for class. The smell of newly sharpened pencils and paper, gets my inner geek going! 😉
Have you bought your kids their school supplies yet? Is there anything that seems a little strange you have to buy that you may not be used to?