Let me start off by saying my kids are amazing and I love them to death…. That being said, I just have to say how much I love watching them. They entertain me. It’s almost like watching some crazy reality show on TV. The things they say and the things they do from day to day, really has me on the floor laughing! Let me go ahead and give you 5 reasons why I laugh AT my kids (and not with them)!
- When they get a “boo boo”- Honestly, I think this is the funniest reason of all. Let me go ahead and explain by telling you a little story about what happened a couple weeks ago. My 4 year old had the TINIEST little scratch on one of his toes. My hubby took a look at it and thought that he saw a tiny piece of glass in it. He made the worst mistake by saying it out loud. My son screamed with terror and all of a sudden he decided to become “disabled”. He began limping (the saddest limp you ever saw!) and dragged himself to bed, saying he would never be able to walk again. We got a flashlight and saw it was actually a bit of skin sticking up and not a piece of glass. Instantly a miracle happened right before my eyes. My sons “disability” magically disappeared. (Crazy how that happens!) 🙂
- “The Truman Show”- Let me explain. This little incident happened just last night! I was at my computer desk researching for my blog.. All of a sudden, out of nowhere my 2 year old starts screaming. He ran to me and grabbed my leg, motioning me to pick him up while he is drenched in tears and drool. He kept looking over his shoulder at something but I could not for the life of me figure it out! Then I notice on the floor that he had thrown a DVD on the ground. It was “The Truman Show” with Jim Carrey. I picked it up and he screamed in terror…… and that my friends, is a story I will embarrass him with for the rest of his life!
- They say the wrong things at the WRONG times-I can’t tell you enough how true this is! I swear my 4 year old loves to humiliate me in public and he doesn’t even know he’s doing it… One of the worst memories I have with this is when we went to Walmart to get him some of his favorite Minecraft toys. I was standing in the aisle while my kids were both in the shopping cart. A large family comes near us to look at the Powers Rangers right next to us. I knelt down to look at a toy on the bottom shelf…. this is when it all happened. (I still cringe and pray he never does this again…) I bumped something on the shelf, and my oldest looks up at me, looks me in the eye and VERY LOUDLY says “Mom! Did you fart?” I don’t think my face could have been any redder. The family just laughed and I couldn’t help but laugh myself…
- The confusion of what’s real and fake-Being a Geeky Mama, I can’t help but say that I am addicted to Pokémon GO. This addiction has spread to my oldest son. The only thing is…. He thinks the Pokémon are real. He asked me one night, “Mom? Are Pokémon in my world?” I told him no that it was just a game but I don’t think that ever clicked in his head. (I’m still waiting for this to happen..) Everyday I have to deal with tantrums because he sees the Pokémon on the screen but doesn’t see them in the house… He still thinks he has to physically grab them to catch them. Pokémon GO and I now have a love/hate relationship.
- Potty training-My 2 year old is still not potty trained. We all have been trying to teach him but with no luck just yet. Even my oldest brings him in the bathroom to “show” him how its done. My 2 year old definitely tries though. The way he does this? Takes off his diaper, walks over to the toilet, stands on his tip toes (he doesn’t quite reach over the rim just yet) and pinches. My sons technique is one of a kind.(Plus it makes Mommy roll on the floor laughing, while he is as serious as can be.)
I love my boys but sometimes… they do some crazy things that make me laugh so hard I can’t breathe! I hope it never ends because these are the moments we definitely don’t forget.. ever! 🙂